Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sir Mara and Ava

This is Mara and Ava on the Bug Carousel. The other one is just me. The one on the left side is Ava that's her name. And that's my sister. I'm on a shimmer bug (that's what I call it) and Ava is on a lady spot bug (that's really a lady bug.)

3 comments:

djinn said...

Mara, did you know that lady bugs are also called lady birds in some places? Also, lady bugs belong to the order Coleoptera; forty percent of all insect species are Coleoptera. The famous (trust me on this) biologist JBS Haldane, when asked about the nature of God said: "He is very fond of beetles." And, I suspect he has an extra special soft spot in heart for ladybugs.

djinn said...

Had to post again, please keep these pics and posts coming!

djinn said...

Oh, coleoptera are more famously called Beetles.